Honestly I suffer from insomnia and been dealing with it for a while. So transitioning into being a morning person was definitely a challenge. I can say that I mostly don’t like mornings when I have to get up for work or to handle things super early because I would be sluggish. But now that I am accustomed to mornings, I do realize that the mornings are much productive, healthier, and much easier to maintain your daily lifestyle. When you get up early, you can start your to-do-list off right like, cooking breakfast, running errands, doing laundry, handle things for your business etc. So it’s definitely a good thing being an early bird. But in order for me to get use to this new early bird lifestyle I had to get rid of these 5 toxic morning habits.
- Waking up late: Wake up early so you can get prepared for a much successful day. But make your first hour your self-care time. The first hour after waking up must be specifically for nurturing yourself. Your growth, your happiness and mental health all plays part of fresh start.
- Checking social media first thing in the morning: This is an epic fail! I had this problem bad. My phone was the first thing i thought about when i woke up, and i had to fix that issue asap! You must never start your day checking your phone and scrolling through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. And truthfully this small habit affects our mood and our entire day if you think about it. That’s how much social media has an affect on us. Social media is a big distraction and can have you out here missing out on the importance things of life. When i’m distracted i feel like i have an heavy burdened on me & it’s definitely not a good feeling. Try turning your phone off before bed and not powering it back on.No excuses!
- Not getting natural light & fresh air flowing: Get some natural light and air after waking up. We are human beings, so nature is us 100 %. Also, once all the windows are opened and it’s fresh air & light coming into your home, you began to start feeling energized. Wake up & open up!
- Not drinking your herbal teas: Drink some good ole organic green tea every morning. Green tea is good for the body. Green tea improves brain function & protects the brain from aging & more.
- Not sitting in peace: Stop having morning chats, use your mornings on focusing purely only on you. Having those talks in the am only stall out time then you will look out & your morning has been wasted.
Leave a Reply